Duration: 2 hours without an interval.
The concept of the Project: Dmitry Brusnikin, Yevgeny Mironov, Sergey Orlov
The fourth year students of Brusnikin’s Workshop in the Moscow Art Theatre School – the “junior” Brusnikintsi, who have already proved themselves as one of the most interesting experimental theatre teams in Moscow – tell the stories of stage veterans in the documentary performance Before and After. Within four months the students visited elderly actors, listened to their stories and took over their experience and knowledge; they got into their characters and personated old people: honoured, great, forgotten, sick, abandoned, joyful, sad. They play former theatre managers, costume designers, theatre critics, actors – those who dedicated every minute of their lives to the theatre. And they invite all theatre-goers for a cup of tea with a cake.
- Director — Dmitriy Brusnikin
- Playwriter — Mikhail Durnenkov
- Stagedesigner — Ksenia Peretrukhina
- Choreography — Olga Prihudailova
- Autor of documentary video — Denis Klebeev
- Production — The International Festival-School of Contemporary Art TERRITORY, the Artist Charity Foundation, Brusnikin’s Workshop and the Theatre of Nations (Moscow)
- Students of Masterskaya of Dmitriy Brusnikin